Monday, June 21, 2010

Our "Fixtures"


I debated telling this story, but a recent addition to it makes it too hard to resist.  A few weeks ago, after I had taken a shower and was dressing in my closet, Adam walked in and said to me, "You're not supposed to show your penis."  "Well,"  I said, "I don't have a penis."  His reply:  "Well...I see one!"  Highly doubtful.  After all, I doubt the whole "delivering a baby" thing would have worked out... 

Fast forward to Saturday - he needed to be bathed quickly so I convinced him to take a shower with me.  After we undressed he said "Let me see if you have a penis," as he proceeded to try and check.  I moved him away and said that I did not because girls did not have penises.  After a few seconds of silence he asked, "So do you just poop?  Because you have to pee out of your penis."  Huh.  That was an interesting deduction.  I explained that we had different parts for that.  And then I showered on my knees so he would no longer be at eye-level.  I think Dad will have to be the shower buddy from now on...and I'm sure that will create a whole 'nother series of questions!       

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

hahahahahahaha.... I can only hope your blog is still around when he is about 16 years old so that you can embarrass him with it.

And Alan might also need to have a conversation explaining that it is NOT OKAY to ask anyone at school if they have a penis.

hahahahahahahaha

Amy said...

Well, the whole "You're not supposed to show your penis" comment HAD to have been learned at school. I don't even want to know the circumstances...