Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Date Night

Last night Alan and I had a date night with Adam.  We took him to dinner, then to the long-awaited Kadena release of Toy Story 3.  He was super-excited and even wore his pajamas that look like Woody's costume.  He was the hit of the theater.  Every kid (big & small, alike) would point and say, "LOOK!  There's Woody!"  And Adam ate it up.  He even said to one kid, "I'm not Woody, I'm just dressed like him."  I guess he didn't want to get caught providing a false identity.  He covered his ears on the loud parts and laughed at the funny parts and clapped when the Aliens used "the claw."  It was a fun, perfect night with our #1.  Here he is, getting ready for the show to begin.


See that big bag of popcorn he's holding?  Well, he ate it all.  Then, last night he took Pepto because he had a tummy ache.  This morning he told me all of this:  "Mommy, next time Ms Karina comes to take care of the babies and you and me and Daddy go to the movies to see a movie, I'm not gonna eat that much popcorn again because I might get a tummy ache again.  I'm just goin' to tell the man that works there, 'No, I don't want any popcorn,' because that was a lot of popcorn that I ate."  Tough lesson learned.

2 comments:

Stephani said...

I love date night! We still do that every once in a while with each boy. Great time together. The PJs ROCK.
Glad he liked the movie. We think about him every time the commercials come on and always say...."I wonder if Adam has seen it yet." Glad he has!

kcrack said...

Sooooo sweet! He looks precious. Did you love the movie? I was sobbing like a baby.