Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Little Morning Story


Today, Alan and I woke up at about 6 a.m.  Not to babies crying, like usual, but to the sound of Adam's voice in his room (so we thought).  Alan got up to check it out.  Adam was not, in fact, in his room, but in the babies' room.  The big, bright, overhead light was on and he was reading them books.  And they were looking and listening with awe.  Then, Anaya saw Daddy and started fussing, which made Audie fuss, which meant it was time for everyone to get up.  We should have left well-enough alone when we figured out everyone was alive, and wallowed in the bliss.  We'll know better next time.  I hope it's a Saturday next time.

3 comments:

Miss Bee said...

You could start giving Adam a nickel everytime he reads to the babies in the morning.

JGG said...

I remember when your dad used to read to me when I was small. No wait.... that was hit me :)

Anonymous said...

Love this story! The sweetness of Adam reading to his brother and sister and the chuckle I made when you thought - I should have left well enough alone. :)

Sherry