Saturday, May 15, 2010

In Engrish, Prease



I could literally photograph 100 things a day over here that would make you laugh.  I guess it's a little bit wrong of me to make fun of them in some cases because they are trying and they're doing us a courtesy by trying to put it in English.  I mean, it is Japan, and maybe we should be able to read Japanese and speak Japanese, kind of like we expect people in America to speak English.  Still, it's damn funny.  You would think if they're going to put forth the effort, they might get someone to proof read it.  Just sayin'.  Here are some recent Engrish run-ins:

I've seen this sticker or one like it a thousand times - for some reason they LOVE these here, as if a American crappy driver is going to all of a sudden drive better because you have a baby in your car?  I never noticed the bottom line before.  Probably because I was passing you too fast.

This is a "drink bottle - for drinks," as stated on the tag.
The quote at the bottom reads: "It flows between feelings.  Let's spend a rich, happy time together"  What?  What flows?  What feelings?  I'm confused.

I didn't really need an egg slicer, but how could I pass up the package with confusing warnings and helpful illustrations for that person buying this but has no idea how to use it?


Who even knew it was best to wash rice before cooking it?  Not me!  But this rice paddle is "Useful for some more things" and "Available to a person who has long nails," so naturally, it was calling my name.


Peace out.  Oh, and always remember:

1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

I want you to buy like 15 of those "I am safety driver" stickers and start giving them out at baby showers to your friends in the states.