Monday, April 19, 2010

Where was I?


Some of you were there - windy, cloudy, cold, waves crashing instead of rolling in, will it rain?  will it not?  Backup room prepared, extra hairspray added, guests seated at the absolute last minute so as not to freeze... you might remember all of this.  And somewhere amidst it all, a marriage began, which is really the part I remember.  I can't remember how cold it felt or how windy it was (although I do remember my vail blowing straight over my head as my Dad walked me down the aisle), but I do remember that I walked away a "wife."  And it was lovely.  A few days ago, we celebrated our five year anniversary and we decided Adam might like to see our wedding video, so we dusted it off.  We were right, he did like to see it...for about 5 minutes.  As we were showing him everyone he knew as they were being seated, he asked, "Where was I sittin'?"  Once we explained to him that he wasn't there because he wasn't born yet, he completely lost interest.  Three-year-olds are quite selfish like that.  Later, however, we contemplated that honest little question he asked.  He just couldn't comprehend a world that we were in without him.  And now, five years from that day, we can't comprehend that world either.

 

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

Such a cute story! (And sorry I tried to hide behind the pillar to stay warm. Hope it wasn't TOO obvious in the video.)

Stephani said...

Congrats again on five years. I love the pink shoes (or at least they look pink in the photo!) Time flies doesn't it?