Thursday, April 22, 2010

Get 'em

A couple of nights ago - or mornings, rather - I finished feeding Audie at about 4:30.  I went to the bathroom, turned on the light, and was fixin' to pee when I saw a huge spider on the wall.  Eeewww.  I.  Hate.  Spiders.  Hate 'em.  They're my kryptonite.  I'm totally convinced that any spider, no matter what size or color, can bite and kill me.  Hate them!  So I walked out very slowly - just in case it was one of those flying, aggressive spiders that bites anything it sees.  Just in case.  I woke Alan up and told him there was a really big spider in the bathroom.  He got out of bed to take care of it, because that's what he does.  Well, 30 minutes later our bathroom looked like this:


For the record, it was pretty much the fastest spider to ever walk the Earth.  We did not defeat it that early morning.  We climbed back into bed at 5 a.m. wondering how in the world it escaped.  I spent the next day living in fear in my own bathroom.  I knew that sucker was probably watching me from his awesome hiding spot.  And there was nothing I could do about it.  But, alas, being the super-tough spider that he was, he returned for Round 2.  When Alan and Adam walked into the bathroom to dry Adam's hair, there sat our nemesis right in the middle of the counter.  He stared Alan down, as if to say, "That's right.  I'm back and I've been working out.  Now let's finish this."  Alan backed out of the room with Adam, sent him to his room to play and returned, closing the door behind him.  Just him and the gargantuan spider.  Mano a mano.  It was a battle for the ages, but Alan emerged victorious.  For that, I am grateful.  Killing spiders - that's another reason I married him. 

3 comments:

NYNik said...

lol. OMG! We had a huge one in our house, size of my palm, and it was on the wall, by the time we turned around for a shoe, it was gone! In about 5 seconds, it had disappeared.

Stephani said...

they are so unpredictable....will they hop, will they jump, will they scurry right up your dress? Glad he met his demise! Way to go Alan!!!

Miss Bee said...

Love it! Boys are handy sometimes.