Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodnight Moon?

The next item on the list is a favorite book.  I'm guessing I'm not supposed to say Guess How Much I Love You or Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins or Dinosaurumpus, so I don't know what to do here.  Really, I don't have much time for reading books I actually choose.  A friend gave me a few books she had finished like three months ago (or more?) and I have yet to even open the cover.  The most recent book I read was The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, and I absolutely loved it.  But that was like six months ago.  It was funny and sad and relative to me and it made me appreciate Karina even more.  But it isn't necessarily my "favorite" book.  I don't really have a favorite book.  I have a favorite author - James Patterson.  I love a good whodunit and I really like his Alex Cross series, as well as his Women's Murder Club series.  Also, I have always thought I would enjoy working as a forensic scientist.  I know it could be really depressing and traumatic work, but once I got used to it, I think it would be really, really interesting.  If I ever went back to work, that is what I think I would want to try and do.  Except I want all of my work to be as interesting and important and dramatic as the cases in the Patterson books.  And maybe Morgan Freeman could be a detective I work with.  Bonus!



1 comment:

Em said...

I happen to LOVE goodnight moon. ;)