Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#3

I know it's been a few days, but let's pretend I didn't miss any days and that it really is Day #3, OK?  So...a favorite TV show...hm...I'm admittedly out-of-the-loop when it comes to TV.  Since we don't get it live here, and really don't even see the previews to hook us on to a show, it's tough.  Plus, with the kids...I really only watch like three regular shows on Apple TV.  Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and The Biggest Loser.  I love Grey's for the drama and the totally believable and realistic personal and medical situations.  OK, just the drama.  I love The Office for a good laugh.  Could you even imagine working for Michael Scott?  I'm not sure how Jim & Pam remain fairly normal.  I'd have gone crazy a looooong time ago. 

Then there's The Biggest Loser.  I love it for the transformations it yields.  I hate that it's become such a "game" and that there have been a few bad apples the last few seasons.  I think they need to figure out how to get back to what they originally started trying to do - get people to lose weight.  Gaming aside, the show really does do amazing things.  It is not uncommon for me to cry during The Biggest Loser.  I just cannot imagine losing control of my life like that, and then the feeling they must get when regaining control is within reach and the responsibility that comes with that control.  They are completely overwhelmed.  I also love when Allison counts them down to go for a challenge and she drops her hand, like it's a drag race.  Like she can't just say "GO!", she has to give them the sign, even if they're standing right next to her.  Cracks me up every time.

In honor of The Biggest Loser, here's a picture of me, when I could have been a contestant:




If any of you actually scrolled down, excited that you were going to see a picture of me morbidly obese, then you are no longer allowed to read my stories.  Haters.  Truthfully, though, karma is going to get me for eating ice cream while I watch my favorite show :-)

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

Funny, I DO get TV and have the same favorites! I agree with all you said about Biggest Loser - I only started watching it a few years ago but now I love it. I don't have a favorite this year like I usually do, but I'm rooting for the young girl with the curly hair. (Can't remember her name?)

Amy said...

Courtney! Yes, I like her, too!