Monday, February 22, 2010

Clean as a whistle

The babies got their first tub bath tonight!  Overall, they did great.  Anaya fussed a little at first and Audie fussed a lot when it was over, but they seemed to not mind the actual bathing part.  In fact, Audie felt relaxed enough to morph into a fountain ;-)  Don't worry, we changed the water.  Here are some pics from bathtime:

Anaya:

Audie:


A friend (shout out, Karen!) requested I post similar pics of Adam and the babies to compare, so here you go (In this order: Adam, Anaya, Audie)!  What do you think?


   
Personally, I think they are each their own.  Anaya has close to the same face shape as Adam and Audie has those forehead wrinkles more often, but no one matches that bottom lip of Adam's (I swear we didn't see that lip until he was six months old!) and neither one makes the faces Adam made as a baby.  They are all one-of-a-kind.  It will be exciting to see how this first year unfolds and how these new babies change.  Already, Audie's face is filled-out and his hair is lightening, as are Anaya's eyes.

I realized that I forgot to include a realization I had had in the story of Anaya's & Audie's birthday.  Despite delivering in an Army hospital and a Navy hospital (no luxuries here!), I have been pretty lucky.  I delivered Adam with a view of the Rocky Mountains and I delivered Anaya and Audie with a view of the East China Sea.  Seriously, how many people do you know who can say that?  (By the way, that's pretty much a rhetorical question - please don't post how many people you know who can say that.  I like feeling special.)  That's how we roll.
 

4 comments:

kcrack said...

Yay!!! I LOVE it. The bath pictures are precious and I loved seeing the Adam/twin comparison. I actually think Anaya has a softer version of Adam's bottom lip but it may just be this picture. They definitely resemble each other but like you said they each have some distinct features. Soooo cute. Thanks for posting girl!

Miss Bee said...

They are so beautiful! I love the blackmail pic of Audie with the star over his parts...ha!

I think that the photo comparison shows that y'all make really cute kids. (Is Audie already in a gang - looks like he is flashing a sign. KIDDING.)

And you are the only one I know that has delivered children with such amazing views, so you can continue to feel special. Love ya!

Amy said...

Thanks, girls :) It's funny about Audie, he flashes the "four" a lot...maybe we'll see in time that it meant something. Or maybe he's making a point that he'll always be younger by 4 minutes - because even in his infancy he knows that one day he'll want to be younger, not older ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I agree they all have their own look.

Love ya,

Sherry