Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dude, where's my car?

This morning, as I do every morning, I sent the kids out the door ahead of me so they could load their backpacks into the trunk while I put the dogs (we got another dog - that's for another post) in their appropriate spaces for the day.  A few minutes later, Adam returned to me asking where my car was.  See, I usually park it on the street in front of our house, but someone else was parked in my spot for a couple of days, so I parked in our driveway.  That blocked Alan, who was parked in the garage.  So he had to move my car before he could leave this morning.  I assumed he moved it to the street because that's what he would normally do.  But today my car was nowhere to be found in the street.  I headed out to have a look and, sure enough, my car was nowhere!  I was about to panic and call police when I heard a little God whisper: "Check the garage."  There she was, safe and sound.

Just another day in the life of me. Lots of people think I have my act together, but the reality is that on most days, I can't even find my car.

No comments: