Friday, March 9, 2012

Okinawa Warriors

This is a big month for me.  March 20, 2012 marks an official milestone.  Last week, I received this:



along with an email from my doctor saying that all of my lab results were clear.  Clear.  For five years.  FIVE!  I'll never consider myself "out of the woods" because there's just way too much life left and I know that I'll spend every day of the rest of it just as I've spent every day of the past five years - wondering if it's in there.  That one tiny cell.  Sitting, waiting, quietly planning.  I don't think any survivor lives without that tinge of fear.  So we remain vigilant, dedicated, healthily scared.  But today, I celebrate being cancer-free. 

Celebrate with me and join my team.  Okinawa Warriors is this year's Global Race for the Cure team name.  Key word: Global.  No matter who you are or where you are - join me and others around the world on June 2nd.  You can even join the team and "sleep in" for the cure!  If you can't join the team, I beg you to donate $5 toward the cause.  Here's the link:  http://globalrace.info-komen.org/site/TR/GlobalRaceForTheCure/KomenGlobalRace?team_id=204586&pg=team&fr_id=2314  

Let's Race!      

No comments: