Friday, March 30, 2012

Catching My Breath

I feel like I've spent the last two months catching my breath.  The twins turned two and all hell has broken loose.  These kids are crazy!  Here's an update:

ADAM

Adam started karate this month and is doing fairly well.  Discipline isn't exactly one of his strengths, but we're getting there.  He's still doing well in kindergarten, but remains one of the smallest kids in his class.  Let's be honest, though, if you knew Alan or me as a child, you know he doesn't have a prayer.  And I guess I'd always rather have a kid that's too skinny than the alternative...but I also would rather have a kid that eats whatever is cooked.  I am so tired of picky eaters!  I'm going to have to resort back to the Deceptively Delicious recipes...

Favorite foods: French Toast, cheese pizza, fried rice
Most-used phrases: "NO, ANAYA!" "I want that for my sixth birthday," and "MOM! YOU MIGHT WANT TO COME SEE WHAT THE BABIES ARE DOING!"
Favorite activities: Playing outside, drawing, or playing games on the computer

(Thank you, Pinterest.  This was his Valentine, with a lollipop going thru his hand)


ANAYA

Anaya is definitely the child who most thinks she's in charge.  And, honestly, a lot of times she is just because I don't have it in me to fight it.  It's just not worth it and it causes great embarrassment for me.  She is talking up a storm now and loves to try and help everyone.  But she remains my shy child.  I don't know if it's so much that she's shy as that she is just a diva and makes you wait until she decides whether or not you deserve her affection and attention.  I like to think it's a positive trait - that she won't ever be easily taken advantage of because she's so cautious of who she lets in.  Time will tell.  Nevertheless, she is successful at getting what she wants, so she's doing something right.  

Favorite foods:  Baked ziti, cereal, yogurt
Most-used phrases: "I get it!" "Audie stinky", "Watch cartoons" and "SNACK!"
Favorite activities: Bouncing on the trampoline, playing in the water, coloring, and watching cartoons  




 AUDIE

Audie is a lot like his big brother.  He's a ham and a charmer and is (mostly) very sweet.  But he has a short fuse, which he may or may not have inherited from his father.  Contrary to Anaya, he does not enjoy helping, but rather being helped.  He's always willing to let Anaya run and get his cup/toy/paci/snack and bring it to him.  I've noticed lately that he's stuck to Adam like glue and just wants to keep up with the big kids.  I'm sure that's going to start getting tough to deal with, but for now it's pretty cute.  He may not try to rule the roost directly like his sister, but he knows how to play the "baby" card successfully and shouldn't be ruled out as a contender.

Favorite foods: Cheese pizza, fruit, cereal 
Most-used phrases: "NO! 'NAYA!" "'Naya did it" "Look! Tractor!" and "Mommy, watch"
Favorite activities: Coloring, going down the slide, playing outside









2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

I cannot believe how big the twins are. The cereal you're feeding them must be fortified.

Pictures are great - it really is beautiful over there!

(and good job on Adam's valentines... cute!)

Stephani said...

Amy, Thanks so much for the update. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. You all look so happy -in spite of the two year old chaos you mentioned. So glad we can still reach out and "see" each other.