Saturday, April 9, 2011

Make-up, Sailors and Running

I'm going to politely decline to post my pet peeves.  I am 100% sure that I would offend someone.  The truth is, I have a lot of pet peeves, but I tolerate them just to make life easier.

So, next on the list is a picture that is over 10 years old of me.  That would make me 21.  I don't think I have any digital pictures from when I was 21, so here are two scanned ones.  In the first one I was probably four years old, with my first powder compact.  Clearly I couldn't help myself from frequent touch-ups:


Here's another one, just because I know you'll get a laugh.  Robin and I used to love to dress up in Dad's old sailor uniforms.  I was probably about six because Robin looks about three:

Finally...and this one's the best...Here I am winning a race at a Hondo track meet.  My favorite memory of running at Hondo meets is this one: After a meet, I was watching the video of me running the 400m dash that Mom and Dad had taken.  Throughout the whole race, my Mom is saying, "Buster, I don't think she's gonna win.  RUN AMY!  She's not gonna catch her.  AMY!  RUN!!  I don't know if she's gonna win..." to which my Dad replied, "Janice she knows what she's doing.  She tells us all the time she knows everything."  I won.

4 comments:

Em said...

funny that your mom would say "amy! run!!" like you were not doing that already! ;)

Mrs. Lott said...

Hmmm, is that a MVJH meet? I was probably screaming right along side your mom if it was!

Amy said...

Yep, it is! I'm sure you were there, Amy!

Emily - I know! That's Janice...

Miss Bee said...

So cute! And I love the commentary from the race - that is priceless.