Monday, February 14, 2011

Let Go

I know you're all looking for great photos and details from my little jaunt to Hong Kong.  And I promise, that's coming.  But today, upon receiving sad, sad news, I thought it seemed insensitive to write a post about all my shopping and eating and drinking and fun-having.  The best friend of my sister's sister-in-law, Sarah, is a person I never had the pleasure to meet, yet consider a friend somehow.  Sarah has been fighting an impossible battle against cancer for the past about six months.  Recently, her condition has become much worse and she has now stopped cancer treatment and has transitioned to Hospice care.  As you know, it's just a matter of time... Sweet Sarah, you have been such an inspiration in your grace and faith and peace.  I can only imagine what an amazing angel you will make for Him.  You have shined bright, firefly.

I ask you today for prayers - not for her recovery, because she has accepted that she is beyond that - but for a smooth transition.  Pray for her peace and pray for her family and friends, who will struggle to fill the void that she leaves.  Just pray.

If you would like to know her a little bit:

http://sarahchidgey.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Stephani said...

Amy, I have spent the last hour reading Sarah's blog. It's the most moving things to see her speak with such a profound grace. Truly God's love is surrounding and filling her up. If I've read it correctly, tomorrow her and her husband will have been only married for 6 months. Quite the amazing story of love, I'm sure. I will add her to my prayers and those of her who love her as well. Thank you for sharing her story. Love to you all.
Stephani

Miss Bee said...

Prayers for her, her family and everyone that loves her....

Dinah Jane said...

I also just spent about half an hour combing her blog and finding her on fb/the web. What a cool girl and a sweet sweet love story. It looks like she and I have more than you/your sister in law as far as friends in common. The tragedy of her youth and the loss her darling husband must be feeling breaks my heart and I've shed a few tears (at work) but the love and trust she has in our Savior gives me some peace knowing she is now dancing on streets of gold. Thanks for sharing. xoxo -dinah

kcrack said...

Oh Amy! My heart is breaking for them right now. I will certainly pray for her and Eric. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster their loved ones are on and will pray that God covers them with peace.