Monday, February 21, 2011

Hong Kong!

Last week, I had the great opportunity to spend a few days in Hong Kong.  Six other women and I took off on Wednesday and returned on Sunday.  It's no secret that we have to watch ourselves in China, and being military spouses, we knew we had to be very careful and very aware at all times.  You always have to wonder if Big Brother is watching.  And if you're rooming with Michelle, you really start to believe (no matter how badly you don't want to) that the second smoke-detector is, in fact, a decoy and is the bug.  She'll freak you out like that.  This would be a really long post, so I'm going to break it up a little.  Here is a little summary of Day 1 of our adventure.

Wednesday afternoon, we arrived at the Naha airport early, only to find that our flight was delayed.  We quickly all agreed that we weren't going home until Sunday, no matter what happened.  About an hour late, our flight departed and two-and-a-half hours later, we landed in Hong Kong.  Here are some of the girls, upon arriving:


This was Alan, the guy who showed us to our bus.  When I told him that my husband's name was also Alan, he just waved me off.  Either he didn't understand me, or - more likely - he already knew what my husband's name was and wasn't impressed with my useless info.  That's right, Alan.  I'm on to you.  You aren't getting any national secrets out of me.

The first night, we walked to a little restaurant row not too far from our hotel, and had dinner at a quaint little Italian place:

And paid a quaint little Italian bill:
That's about $420 USD.  But when you're paying with Monopoly money, it's basically FREE!  After that, we called it a night...once we figured out how to turn out the lights.

1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

Oh, I bet Michelle is right. They were watching you.

Can't wait to hear more stories! What a great once-in-a-lifetime experience!