Sunday, October 6, 2013

Tattoos and Tornados



Today, we drove past a tattoo studio and Adam asked me if I thought they had Sponge Bob tattoos in there.  I said that the people who worked in those places were artists and that they could draw pretty much anything, so I thought they could handle SB, but I didn't think he would want that particular tattoo when he was actually old enough to get one - which, by the way, he thinks is 87 years old because he has basically no concept of age and when he asked if that's how long he had to wait, I simply said yes.  I mean, I can't very well tell him he's not allowed to ever get a tattoo because that would make me a hypocrite.  But 87 seems fair-ish.  Anyway, then he told me a story from a book he had been reading - Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules - where Roderick's parents gave him some money to buy a book so he could study and make a 100 on a test.  But, instead, Roderick took that money and "got himself a tattoo with the name of his band."  I asked him what Roderick's parents thought about that and he said "Well, the Dad just frowned, and the Mom had a tornado on her head." 

I imagine that in the cartoon world, I frequently have tornadoes over my head.

No comments: