Monday, June 25, 2012

Is that a mustache?

I've been struggling with motivation and inspiration to write lately, which should explain the absence of posts.  Well, as usual, Adam saved the day by providing material.  That boy is comedy-in-motion, seriously.

Last Friday, we were preparing to spend the weekend at the beach, so I asked Adam to go gather the clothes he would like to take to the beach.  He's nearly six, so I figured he could handle this task.  Here's what he came up with:

(That's a Halloween shirt he made in preschool,
heavy flannel pajamas and a set of mismatched pajamas. 
He did also set aside underwear and swim trunks,
so we'll give him credit for that.)

Never mind, I'll do it.


A couple of weeks ago, Adam finished Kindergarten.  Here was his class:

And his teacher:


On the last day of school, we received a big brown bag full of lots of school work they had done.  One thing they did was a Kindergarten "Memory Book."  The memory book was full of "fill in the blank" pages, such as "My favorite color is ___" or "My favorite lunch was ___."  Then, there was a blank page that said "I look like this now," where they were supposed to draw themselves.  Here was Adam's:

 I think that's a mustache.  And I'm not sure if those are ears, or not.  I seriously couldn't stop laughing.  Then, I finally pulled it together only to see the next page - "This is how I will look when I am in first grade."


I guess I better get busy because we have a lot to do before he (she?) starts first grade!

Oh, dear.
 

1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing. Seriously.

A few observations:

1. The beach can get chilly in the evenings. I think the heavy flannel pajamas were a good choice.

2. Is Adam posing in the class picture while everyone else is doing the typical "class picture" stance?

3. Hypothetically speaking, the kindergarten teacher looks overjoyed that Adam is moving on to 1st grade. Hypothetically, of course.

4. The tiny kindergarten ears! And the mustache! And the well developed 1st grade ears with eyelashes and collagen lips! It is just too much. I have tears in my eyes from laughing right now. Love it!