Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy 63rd, Air Force!

Last Saturday was the 63rd birthday of the United States Air Force, so we threw a party!  Although I have attended the Marine Corps Birthday Ball (stag, since Alan was deployed), this was my first Air Force Ball.  Without a doubt, it will not be my last.  I loved the opportunity to get dressed up and have a night out.  Here are some pictures of us all before the Ball:


I took a lot of pictures at the Ball, but there's really no need to post them.  You wouldn't know the people or what was going on...the important thing is that you see how great we looked! 

It was fun, despite the food being less-than-stellar.  Our table was right next to the bar, which was handy.  President Bush sent a special birthday message to us here on Kadena, since our Wing Commander's wife used to work for him, which is way cool.  A Japanese band played music during the cocktail hour - including "Country Road," by John Denver, and "Auld Lang Syne"...random, but standard for Okinawa.  Also, Dan Clark (danclarkspeak.com) spoke to us and he was funny sometimes.  He's an author (supposedly, but I don't see his name on my Chicken Soup books), singer/songwriter, ex-football player...and, according to his website, "one of the most fascinating people on the planet."  After hearing him speak a second time at a spouses forum on Monday, I'm convinced that Dan Clark loves to talk...about Dan Clark.  He's great at making you think he's talking about you and thanking you, but he's really talking about himself.  He's a walking resume.  I would be alright not hearing him next year, frankly.  Enough about that...

I promise a baby update soon, but right now they are having a lot of bad days and I'm just beat.  I think they are teething, but who knows.  What I do know is it's not good.  I'm praying daily that it's some sort of phase.  I need sleep.

Have a good weekend!      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Dan Clark speak when I was in high school. He spoke at an awards banquet. We all enjoyed him, but twenty years ago we weren't listening we were looking and he was attractive back then. The next day at an assembly he called me out of the crowd to give me some of his music. It is weird to think he is still speaking.

By the way you guys look awesome! Hope the babies get out of their funk! Miss you!

Sherry

kcrack said...

You look FAB!!! Seriously how can you have twins and look skinnier than ever?! Your dress is perfect! I'll pray for this stage to pass quick!

xoxo