Monday, August 23, 2010

New Adventures!

Alan and I decided before we even moved here that we had to get SCUBA certified while here.  It's one of the best places in the world to dive and there was no way we were going to miss out on that.  But then the twins...

Recently, I awoke from the bubble I've been living in for the last 6 months and realized I really wanted to do this...NOW.  But classes were all filled up for August and September, so we are on the schedule to get our SCUBA certification in October.  Wooohooo!  Can't wait!  To tie me over, and get a tiny taste of what it would be like, Alan thought I should try snorkeling.  He's done it before, and thought that I needed to make sure I enjoyed that before trying to dive.  So yesterday, we rented some fins, snorkels and masks, and hit the sea wall.

I cannot even put in to words how amazing it was.  The coral was so colorful and abundant and beautiful.  Swimming around the coral were all those beautiful fish you see at the Aquariums.  We don't have a waterproof camera, so I stole some pictures to show you what kinds of things we saw.  A dive camera is definitely on the list of "wants" now, though.  If we saw such amazing things trolling around on the surface, I cannot wait to see what we'll see when we dive. 

Of course, a clown fish living in a sea anemone:

Tons of big, bright blue starfish:

Moorish Idols:

A few Needlefish:

Tons of live coral, similar to this:

Of course, we saw hundreds of fish and I'm no fish expert, so it took long enough to even look up the names of the fish above, using descriptions.  You don't need to know the names of all the fish we saw.  What you need to know is it was amazing.  You really should be jealous.  You really should get yourself some dive training and get your butt over here to dive with us.  I mean, what's it going to take to get you people to come see us??  I had to create two lives to get my own Mom here, so I guess I'm going to have to come up with something really good to get everyone else here.  When the money tree out back blooms again, we'll buy everyone tickets.  How about that?  Deal.         
   

2 comments:

Stephani said...

Good for you, Amy! Glad you're doing something for yourself. Can't wait for the dive camera photos!

Miss Bee said...

I'm so excited for you! The blue starfish seem amazing.... who knew? If/when I ever make it over there, I hereby volunteer to babysit while you go diving.