Wednesday, August 18, 2010

He's Got My Number


Any time we are out in public and I really need Adam to listen to me, I will find a sign that conveniently says exactly what I need it to say so that he will follow instructions.  The sign that reads, "Maximum Occupancy - 240 People " will suddenly read "Any kids who get in the waiter's way won't get dessert."  Sure, I recognize that my window of time for using this strategy is dwindling, but we're not there yet and it generally works like a charm.  Plus, I'm counting on him being much better at listening by the time he can fully read.  On Friday, I picked Adam and Robert up from school.  On  the way home, Adam was telling Robert that we were going to stay in a log cabin at Torii Beach for his birthday. 

Robert: "Me, too?"
Adam: "No, you're not going.  You're staying home." 
Robert: "I want to go."
Adam: "There's a sign at the cabin that says 'No little boys like Robert can come here.'" 
Robert (super-bummed): "But I'm not little, I'm big."
Adam: "The sign says 'No boys like Robert can come here."

I think he's on to me.


In other news...

The twins had their six-month check-ups the other day.  Here are the stats:

Anaya:  15 lbs. 1 oz. (40%), 26.5 in. (75%) - she grew 2 inches since June 28th!
Audie:  15 lbs. 10 oz. (20%), 27 in. (75%) - he grew 1.5 inches

They're both long & lean...shocking, once again.  Also shocking, Anaya is taking her sweet little princess time getting on-track for gross motor skills.  Why on earth would anyone learn to roll over or crawl when all they have to do is scream and someone will run right over and flip them over or move them?  She'll do it when she's good n' ready, by golly.  And she won't care how long you've been waiting on her to do it.  That's her!  Hmm...this sounds remarkably like someone else I knew growing up...

    

1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

I LOVE IT!!!! He does have your number! Too funny.

And oh my gosh - you have 30 pounds of baby. Wow. Just in case you haven't been told yet today, you are a ROCKSTAR!