Thursday, January 28, 2010

Janice does Japan

Chances are, if you're reading this, you know my Mom - or you've at least met her once or twice.  You know she's a trip.  I have spent many a moments since we moved here, whenever I encounter something unique to this place, imagining my Mom in the situation and how she would react.  Well, in about 25 hours she will be arriving here. In Japan. My Mom. Picture it, will ya'?  They find loud talking and laughing in public disrespectful.  They're small, quiet people.  They're friendly, though, so she's got that in common with them.  I just try to imagine her in certain situations and it often makes me smile - or actually laugh.  That's all - I just wanted to leave you with a thought that might make you smile :-)  Here's to Janice!  In Japan!

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

LOL - Lana, Lindsey and I were just talking about this during our walk at Town Lake on Sunday! We figured she'll be fine on base, but can't wait to hear about the stories when she is out and about!!!

Stephani said...

I'm so happy that she's making it in time! Keep us posted. Am anxiously awaiting the wonderful news of their arrival!