Monday, February 3, 2014

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Come one, come all!  Come and see the parents who survived four years!  That's right - Anaya and Audie are FOUR!  Yesterday we marked the milestone with a circus-themed birthday party, complete with a clown.  We were blessed with a house full of family who traveled in for the occasion, and a couple of good friends.  Anaya and Audie had so much fun getting their faces painted, watching a magic show, pinning the nose on the clown, getting balloon shapes, and eating the cakes that they helped decorate.  What a day!  Let's just say everyone slept well last night.  Here are some highlights from the party:

All the kids, and their cousin Brooke, helped decorate the cakes:
 
 
 
As if she would stick to the theme - Anaya had to have a Sofia the First cake. 
 
Dependable Audie - chose a clown cake

 
 
 
 











 
I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all.  Let me give you a tip: A clown is a great investment!  Hire one!  She did all the work!  We could all use a little less work at a kids' party, right?  Good decision. 
 
I'll do more of an update later, I promise.  A LOT has happened over the past three months and I have slacked!  I know it!  I'll catch up now, though...I hope.
 
 

3 comments:

Ivo Serenthà said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss Bee said...

The cakes look great! And I'm glad you found a clown that wouldn't give the children nightmares. Happy bday twins and cheers to you! (It is suppose to get easier from here, right?)

Tara Bass said...

Great pictures, only makes me realize how much I miss my Day to Day life with the Daytons :(