Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Three-Year-Old Things

Kanpai!  (That means "Cheers!" in Japanese)  We survived another year!
 
Anaya and Audie turned THREE this weekend and we had a little party for them.  Here are the highlights:
 


 



 
We played Pin The Hat On The Cat (the kiddos colored their own hat):

 
Of course, Anaya cheated:
 
Fun in the Bouncy House:
 


 

Birthday parties aren't complete unless someone gets hurt in the bouncy house!
 
Candles & CAKE!
 
I can hardly believe it's been three years since they were born.  In two months, they will be the age that Adam was when we moved to Okinawa!  Unbelievable.  Here's an update on them:
 
Audie:
Favorite color: Red (usually says blue first, but changes his mind)
Favorite food: Breakfast food
Favorite cartoon: Garfield (although I am not sure he's ever actually seen it)
Favorite movie: Rio
Favorite toy: Buzz Lightyear
Audie is potty training and can undress himself.  He enjoys doing whatever Adam is doing.  Literally.  Adam has a shadow and an echo.  It's scary, actually.  Audie is generally a happy-go-lucky kid, but he isn't afraid to play the youngest child and throw down the "baby" card when needed.  He knows his ABCs, and knows that his name begins with A.  He's really into playdough, coloring with markers, and watching movies.  He tends to mumble a lot (like constantly), so Alan and I have nicknamed him "Milton" (great excuse to re-watch Office Space).
 
Anaya:
Favorite color: PINK!
Favorite food: Yogurt, granola, pancakes
Favorite movie: Cinderella
Favorite cartoon: Dora
Favorite toy: baby doll that cries (like her - she actually says that)
I don't even know what to say.  Anaya is not potty training (although I suspect she is actually completely potty trained, just stubborn and rather mean).  She can undress herself and put on her shoes, though!  She is really into pretend play right now with her dolls and Barbies.  She pushes them around in the stroller, talking to them constantly - she does that, too - talks constantly.  She is such a challenge because you just never know what mood you're going to get.  She goes from happy to miserable in 2.4 seconds and I'm left wondering what just hit me.  She's a complete mess.  But, she seems to have a song in her heart.  She is always singing (mostly Bible school songs) and even hums, claps along and dances with pretty good rhythm.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if she wants to become a performer.  That seems legit. 
 
In short, they are keeping me on my toes and keeping me full of doubt every single day.  Alan just asked me last night what we were doing wrong (because they had had a particularly bad day) and I told him I was quite sure I was doing everything wrong.  At least we're saving money for their therapy later.  I guess we're doing that right.
 
 
 
p.s.  an Australia post is coming...stay tuned!
 
 




1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

1. Milton! Love it!
2. You did a great job on the cake and cupcakes and games. So cute!
3. They may be rotten, but they're so cute!
4. You may be doing most things wrong, I sure can't give any advice and there is no manual - but you love them like no tomorrow.... And THAT is what they will remember! ( well, that and the cake.)