Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fabulous

I like the word "fabulous."  Don't you?  I think it is fabulous.  I also like it when I feel fabulous.  A couple of weeks ago, our squadron spouses participated in an annual event here - the Spouses Dining In.  For you non-military type, a "Dining In" is usually reserved only for the active-duty member - no dates allowed - and it tends to get a little crazy.  This is our version - no dates allowed and lots of girlified-ness.  We have to decorate a table, wear a costume and do a skit, all relating to the mission of our squadron.  I think it's a GREAT event.  It really gets the spouses excited and helps encourage them to take pride in their spouse's job.  These Kadena spouses bring it BIG and it makes me proud to be a part of such a FABULOUS community of women.  Speaking of fabulous women, here are a few of my favorite shots:

Our table.  Isn't it fabulously pretty?  The "82" refers to our squadron - 82d Reconnaissance Squadron

 Michelle and me: Me-ow

 The whole group, in complete "Pink Panther" costume:

 The group, minus one.  The Ice Princess is one of our spouses who participated with the squadron she works in.

 Some of my AWACS peeps in their Viking gear!

Finally, my favorite.  Tara and I look fabulous.  Nothing says it like a boa and a frilly drink.  And cat eyes.

2 comments:

Stephani said...

FABULOUS! Just FABULOUS! Looks like it was a great time.

Miss Bee said...

Your table looked great! So pretty. And you *do* look fabulous in the last picture - your hair is too cute!