Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No Looking Back

Well, just like that, a huge milestone has passed.  Adam became a kindergartener today! 

Here he is, all ready to go:

Here's a reminder of how little he still is:


Here's Adam, going in to his first school classroom and with his cubby:


Then, he walked away and found his seat and got to work.  He hadn't even kissed me goodbye yet!:


So I went over and hugged and kissed him and said bye and told him I loved him and walked away. 

Here he is, not chasing me down, not begging me not to go:

As I expected, only one of us cried.  Guess who.





3 comments:

Elizabeth & John said...

What a sweet post. I almost cried reading it. Can't believe that will be Lila someday. How is he already that big?

Miss Bee said...

What a bittersweet day. You've done good girl.

Anonymous said...

He wanted to run after you, but he couldn't let all the girls in class see him getting misty eyed.