Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over


I'm working on a blog about my fantastic birthday surprise, but it's taking a while to get all the videos sorted out, so I'll post about this fantastic instead! 

A couple of Saturdays ago (June 4th), Susan G. Komen for the Cure held a Global Race for the Cure in Washington, D.C.  Nearly 40,000 participants traveled from all over the world to D.C. to participate, but teams were formed remotely all over the world, as well.  I decided that I did not like missing the Race for the Cure last year (a race I have only missed three times in the last 13 years), and since there wasn't one here, I would make one!  So, I formed a team to participate here, on Kadena AB, in the Global Race for the Cure.  The team was small in size (20 people, officially, although double that showed up), but HUGE in generosity and spirit.  Our little team raised $1840 to support breast cancer research and treatment!  That was enough to garner a #3 ranking in the "Armed Forces" division!  I was so proud to walk and run with all of those amazing people and even more proud to share the stage with two other survivors.  I can't wait to do this again next year and am so excited about striving to make it bigger and better.  Thank you to any of you reading this who came out to support the cause, or sent in a donation to support the cause.  YOU made all the difference in the world to me that day.  My cup runneth over.

1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

I'm so proud of you for organizing it and so unproud of myself for never getting a donation in. I guess next year's better be doubled, huh?