Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shaken or Stirred?

Since it's all typhoon-y outside, I figured I'd get back to the list.  Next up: Something I bought recently.  I buy a lot, honestly, but I figured you all didn't want to hear about Huggies.  So, I decided on a recent "big" purchase that Alan and I made.

Recently, Alan and I decided to buy a bar.  We have been looking at them since we moved here and just never came across the right one at the right price.  We wanted one that had some Asian influence, but wasn't overly ornate and lacquered to death, which a lot of Japanese furniture tends to be.  Well, we finally happened upon this one, at the right time and at the right price:


Here it is on the inside.  Don't worry about the eyes of the truck you see - I can assure you, I did not drink and drive:

It really is pretty and the top of it, when it's unfolded, has black marble.  Stop on by and we'll serve you a drink!

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

Oh my gosh - it is gorgeous! I want it!

(Seriously, I want it. But I'm guessing the shipping cost would be a bit ridiculous. Still, if you come across another one, send me a picture just for the heck of it.)

Amy said...

They are all over the place! They just cost $3000 - we got this one ridiculously on sale...If you really wanted one, I might know someone who could ship it back to the States for you...you just might have to wait a couple of years! Why don't you & Larry come pick out your own?! What a great idea!!